About Jason Palitsch
I grew up in Shrewsbury, and I’m proud to call myself a product of Shrewsbury Public Schools. I’ve always felt a passion to give back to the community that has given me so much. As a Shrewsbury High School student concerned about budget cuts I was seeing around me as a student, I became active in efforts to increase school funding. At 19, I was elected a Town Meeting Member from Precinct 9, serving the neighborhood where I grew up.
While working towards my degree at Northeastern University, I began in 2009 to serve as an aide to State Senator Mike Moore, who represents Shrewsbury and seven other municipalities in the Massachusetts Senate. Working for Sen. Moore for three years, I participated first-hand in the legislative process, working on issues specific to Shrewsbury.
In 2012, as I continued to be concerned about the cuts being made to Shrewsbury schools, I ran for a seat on the Shrewsbury School Committee. I became the youngest person ever elected to the body, and have been exceptionally proud of what Shrewsbury Public Schools has been able to accomplish. I am currently serving my second term as a member of the Committee, having served a rotation as Chairperson from 2018-2019. In 2019, I was honored to be recognized with the “All-State School Committee” award from the Massachusetts Association of School Committees.
I’m proud to be a board member of Shrewsbury Youth & Family Services, serving in a leadership role in a one-of-a-kind organization that provides counseling and social services to Shrewsbury families. SYFS is a vital support to Shrewsbury schools, and to our broader community. I am also an active member of the Rotary Club of Shrewsbury, and a former board member of the Shrewsbury Education Foundation.
I own a small house, first constructed in 1826, on the northern end of South Street, where I enjoy yard maintenance and struggle with gardening. I am proud to continue my service as a Town Meeting Member, representing Precinct 8.
- Shrewsbury School Committee Member (2012-2015, 2017-present)
- School Committee Chairperson (2018-2019), Vice Chair (2014-2015)
- All-State School Committee Award, Massachusetts Association of School Committees, 2019
- Town Meeting Member (2009-present)
- Board Member, Shrewsbury Youth & Family Services
- Member, Rotary Club of Shrewsbury
- Aide to State Senator Michael O. Moore (2009-2011)
- Shrewsbury Fiscal Study Committee Member (2013)
- Board Member, Shrewsbury Education Foundation (2012-2016)
BA from Northeastern University, Cum Laude
Shrewsbury Public Schools, K-12
- 2007 Graduate of Shrewsbury High School
- Grades 6-8: Shrewsbury Middle School
- Grades 3-5: Floral Street School
- Grades 1-2: Walter J. Paton Elementary School
- Kindergarten: Beal School